Saturday 5 March 2011

If it weren't for awesome friends, saying goodbye would suck even more...

Well, I'm back from Victoria....said goodbye to a bunch of friends, a ritual I really hate. I love moving around and discovering new places, and meeting new people, but always hate leaving old friends behind. Still, as usual, these guys are awesome...got to see Tom and Janene and their awesomely happy baby Lincoln and hung out with Mark, Jon, Casey, Kara, Tanya and Angie...yay...it's great knowing that no matter how many times I leave and for how long, I always have a wicked group of friends back here.

Okay...that's the cheesy stuff...today I also got my 16-35L II lens, which I've been lusting after for years and years. It took it about 3 weeks to get here (thanks to Canada Border Services for holding it up for over a week) and it got taxed heavily (why I have to pay taxes on a private sale on a used lens is beyond me)...but I have it and it's beautiful...I hung out with my mom when I got home and we went to Nanoose Bay and snapped a few pics testing it out and I'm very happy with it. One of the shots:



Anyway...not much point to this blog except to get me into the habit of writing a quick line or two before heading to bed, so bear with me, once I hit Korea they'll be a lot more exciting. A week from right now I'll be getting ready to board the plane and start my way to Korea...that'll bring another round of good-byes with the family, I expect that to be a rather emotional affair...

No comments:

Post a Comment