Tuesday 29 March 2011

Welcome to my home!

Well, since so many of you have been asking (okay, so maybe it's been my mom mostly), I figured I'd show you my little apartment, since I FINALLY unpacked my bags, threw out the old tenant's bras littering the floor when I moved in and had a few thorough vacuuming sessions.

This is what the place looks like from the outside...I just noticed a few days ago (I usually go for a big walk right after work and get home in the dark, so I never saw it before) that there is what appears to be a rooftop patio on the top! I'm going to investigate tonight...if it's what I think it is, it'll probably be one of my hangouts when the weather gets warmer (oh yeah...just my luck, it's an unusually cold spring...go figure). Okay...so, my window is the one above and to the left of the main entrance...the one with the big air-conditioning unit thingie on it...my bed is right under that window and the tiny windows around the corner are my bathroom, kitchen and laundry room.



And a few pictures of my block...looking one way...



And the other:



Inside, it's pretty simple...little bachelor place with a sliding door separating the kitchen/bathroom/laundry room (the latter two have their own doors too haha). This is looking from front door (as usual, my trusty old British Columbia flag was the first thing to grace the walls):



And this is looking from the other corner on the same side of the room (looking at the sliding door to the kitchen):


Looking the other way (I still need to organize this area...there is a mini dresser at the foot of the bed, then a desk with an ancient computer and a small book shelf):


And looking toward my front door...thankfully I have tons of storage space:


My tiny (but well-equipped...few gas burners, a TINY little oven, sink, microwave, medium-sized fridge, toaster, kettle - yeah, like I'm going to make tea... - etc):


My all-in-one bathroom (the shower is annoying...I can never get it to the right temperature, and it gets everything wet and is about 2 feet too low)...


And my laundry room...note the hose from the washing machine that just dumps on the floor...every time I do laundry, that room floods...it's like that by design. Wonderful. Especially because I forgot to move my cardboard box of detergent the first time I did laundry, thoroughly soaking it). Above the washing machine is my water heater/underfloor heater unit thingie...and I just noticed that orange hose...I think that's the one I'm supposed to connect to the machine if I want it to wash in hot water...I must investigate this tonight):


And finally, something completely random:

This was on my (very cheap) bottle of ketchup...now I'm worried. I mean, my OTHER bottle of ketchup didn't specify that it's safe. There must be a reason for this one proudly proclaiming its safeness...what are the others hiding???


Okay, that's it for today. Not much to report from yesterday, it was a pretty chill night, oh...but I GOT PAID!!! For only the first 10 days or so, but it's nice to see SOME money in my account! :) Aside from that, got some groceries and met another foreigner (in Samgye, of course) and found out that that fun weekly hangout at the restaurant I went to last week? Yeah, the restaurant's closing after something like 15 years in the business...just my luck. Oh well, they're trying for another place (I think more of a pub) tonight, so we'll see how this is...the crowd is a great one, so I think anywhere we go will be fun).

Have a good day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing and laughing at the "safe" thing...priceless!! Oh geez...still laughing! Love the updates! Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks, Natasha! :) I love that you read them all the time, totally makes it worth writing them! :D

    And yeah, they have some pretty funky stuff in English...I haven't seen any yet, but apparently some T-shirts are outrageously funny/offensive, but nobody gets them haha...I'll definitely post pics when I see them :)

    ReplyDelete