Wednesday 15 June 2011

Let me get a little emotional on y'all...

Bah. So Mark left this morning and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bummed out. I have made some great friends in Korea over the past 3 months and I'm very, very thankful to have them. They're making my time in Korea infinitely more enjoyable and they're a blast to hang out with. But having a friend here from home, a friend I've known and hung out with and had countless adventures with over the past decade is a little different. I guess the past two weeks was another awesome chapter to add to those adventures, though! We explored a ton and had some wicked times...I'm really glad he came :)

However, as lame as it sounds, seeing Mark walk out this morning has yet again reminded me of all the stuff I'm missing at home. My friends Casey and Kara are getting married in two weeks...I was really, really hoping to make it to that wedding, and I'm missing out on countless camping trips up and down the island with my friends, random adventures with my family, etc. I'm still happy to be in Korea and I have no regrets at all about coming, but I'm definitely going to appreciate being back home when the time comes (still 21 months to go, though haha).

Anyhoo, I'm really tired and can't think of much to say (I was up at 5 a.m. with Mark and couldn't get back to sleep...was sitting at my desk at work by 6:35 haha), so here are a few pics...

Mark and I at the his and hers royal tombs in Gyeongju (Two-thirds of the Department of Corruptions... missing from the picture, but with us in spirit: Jonathan Addey).


Me trying to kiss a frog to see if it turns into a princess...


The way the world sees me haha


In other news, today after work I think I'm going to head to Masan to see if I can score a sleeping bag. I'm going camping this weekend and next (very stoked about it) and tired of lugging around my heavy flower-print blanket. Tomorrow Alice (a fellow Canadian I've been chatting to, but have yet to meet) and I are going to head to Changwon and bum around...the Friday night vibe is always great out there.

I have no idea how I'm going to make it through today...I'm already dead tired and the first class is still nearly an hour away haha...maybe I'll have to partake in the great Korean tradition and have a little nap at my desk.

Have a great day, everyone, catch you soon!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment