Wednesday 22 June 2011

Monsoons and more dead flowers...

The monsoon season is officially upon us. For the third or fourth time. I swear every time it rains for 25 minutes the media announces that monsoon season is here, then everyone around work parrots it and it becomes fact. And then it's nothing but sun for two weeks solid.

Yesterday it started raining again and, yet again, everyone was chattering non-stop about monsoon season beginning. Well, if this is indeed monsoon season, I can deal with it! While it did rain pretty hard at times yesterday, by the time I was done work it had stopped and since it's so warm (mid to high-20s), there were only a few puddles, but otherwise it was a nice summer day. It rained pretty hard at around 11 p.m. and midnight (rain was actually blowing into my room through the open window), and then this morning it was a beautiful sunny walk to school. Not too shabby. I'm sure it'll get worse, but really, for someone from the West Coast of Canada, this is still great weather.

Though it is getting pretty humid...and hot...I walked into my classroom at 7:15 a.m. today and it was already 27 degrees there. Thankfully my air conditioning ban has been lifted, so it'll won't be too bad.

Ummm...other things, went to the doc...changed the dressing on my toe, another shot in the butt, $9 and 25 minutes later I was a free man, so I roamed about with my camera looking for dead flowers and I think I found some decent ones...what do you think?




and last...


And a few pics while I was walking around my neighbourhood...I kind of like this picture, but I think it could be much better...there is a hospital near my house (actually, there are tons of hospitals in Korea), and you always see people in hospital PJs walking around with their little IV bags...


And something completely random from my walk home...I just thought it looked cool...I don't know why, but when I'm walking around with the 50 1.8 on the camera I find myself looking at things differently than when I have the 16-35L slapped to the front of it. I really think it's time to upgrade it to something else, I'm using it so much...I have no idea what this poster is for, but I love the way the written Korean language looks...


The rest of the night was pretty chill...hung out at home, shot pop cans with my gun (I don't know if this is the most fun you can have for $7, but it's pretty damn close) and played some Gran Turismo (my brother got that game for me nearly 2 years ago and I STILL can't get bored of it. I'm not much of a gamer, in fact the only "console" I own is my little PSP I got when I was flying every weekend, but I've done about 2,000 races on Gran Turismo, and it's still a ton of fun. The only problem is that it's such a great game, everything else I have is a 1987 Atari compared to it).

Hi ho, hi ho, off to expand young minds I go!

Take care, everyone!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment