Wednesday 1 June 2011

w00t! I hit 10,000 views on my Flickr...thanks guys! Also...Dear Canadian Dollar: please oh please keep crashing!

Okay, so as some of you might know, I love numbers and random statistics and crap...I'm a bit of a gigantic nerd that way. (Yesterday I spent 5 minutes checking population densities of major cities around to world to see where Seoul ranks, for example). Well, I checked the stats on my Flickr page - http://www.flickr.com/tamasv - yesterday and saw that it had hit 10,000 views! So stoked about it because I don't whore out the page at all. The only place I've ever posted the link has been on my Facebook and on one of the photo forums I'm on. So, basically, I've had 10,000 views from mostly friends and family, which is exactly what I want. (I'd rather have 10,000 views from you guys than a million from random strangers). Yay...


In other news, Happy June! The weather here is so-so right now, but for my weekend in Seoul it's supposed to be mostly sunny with highs hitting 23-29-ish, so it should be a wicked time. I'm meeting Mark at the Seoul city hall...getting pretty freaking stoked about it! Feels kind of surreal to be making plans like that...meeting smack-dab in the middle of a world-famous capital city with an awesome friend from back home.

It's pretty funny, I was telling my coteacher yesterday that even though I lived in Canada for 17.5 years, I've never been to its capital city. And though I've spent a lot of time in the United States, I've never been to its capital either. Saturday will be a bit brutal, I'm going to have to catch the 7 a.m. train out of Masan to get to Seoul on time, which means I have to be up at 5:30 a.m. at the latest. I'm cheaping out on the KTX aka bullet train on the way there, and maybe catching it with Mark on the way back.

Oh, I also edited a few more pictures from Jeju...

The famous Jeongbang Waterfall (the only one in Asia that falls directly into the sea):


And another of Hyeopjae Beach on Jeju Island:


In other news, the Canadian dollar is still taking a dive...as of this morning, it was worth $0.978 US (ie: it's STILL stronger than the US dollar) and 1,107 won. Considering not too long ago it was at around $0.948 US and 1,150 won, this is great to see. Since I'm making money in a currency other than Canadian dollar, a high dollar sucks bigtime for me. The less the dollar is worth, the more I effectively make here. Sometime this month I'm going to have to send money home so I can pay my student loans, and if I were to send home (pick a number out of the air) 4 million won (about $3,600) today vs. about a month ago, I'd have an extra $140-ish in my bank account. Not a massive difference, but it's going in the right direction, so it gives me hope.

Okay...I have a class to get to, so I'll keep this short and sweet. Have a great day...I'll be back tomorrow.
T

No comments:

Post a Comment