Tuesday 14 June 2011

Seoul wrap-up...

Since I never got around to finishing my three-parter about Seoul, I figure I'd throw a few pics up here...yesterday I finally got around to editing a few pics, might as well share them with you...not much new here, by the way...Mark is leaving tomorrow morning, which sucks, it was nice having him here, but all good things come to an end, I guess.

On the last day (I think) we went to the Seoul War Memorial. It was Mark's idea and I wasn't too crazy about it at first, as I'm generally against all wars (except for the War on Seal Herpes. That's a cause I can get behind). However, I was pleasantly surprised for a few reasons...one, the actual memorial was gorgeous. It's a massive park with a beautiful building in the middle, it's free to enter and there is very little in the way of propaganda. It's a true memorial, and an elaborate one at that. The other thing that impressed me was the number of tanks, massive missiles, planes, boats, etc there. All beautifully restored and a lot of them open to the public. It was pretty cool being inside an armoured amphibious personnel carrier or a cargo plane. All in all, I'd suggest checking it out if you're in Seoul.

A few pics...let me know which one you like better...I generally hate overprocessed pictures, but I kind of like this one...so B&W or overpricessed? (Wall of names of the fallen with a carnation under).


or:


One of my favourite planes... Beoing B-52...


In the cockpit (taken through the window of the plane...no processing done to the blur, it's all thanks to the worn window...I think it works well)...I desaturated the colour version a bit to give it an oldschool look...or B&W?


or:


Random awesome buildings in Seoul (converted to B&W for the hell of it)


One of the many palaces in Seoul:


Market in Seoul...random dude playing the sax amid empty dishes and a score of empty soju bottles...



I've posted this before, but I did a mild edit on it...brought down the highlights a bit and bumped the details in the shadows a tad...let me know what you think of it:


Okay...this is it for today...have a great day y'all!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment