Monday 11 April 2011

First batch of pics from the Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival...

Yesterday I started editing my photos from Jinhae, so I thought I'd post the first batch. I'm not sure why, but I ended up editing all the close-ups first...a lot of them were taken with the 50 1.8 and some with the 16-35 @ 2.8...I'm pretty pleased with the bokeh (basically the quality of the background blur) on the 16-35 (wide angles are not known for their good background blur abilities), but I sure wish I still had my 85 1.8...I think that'll be the first lens I re-buy when I go back to Canada.

Anyhoo...the pictures...this little creek with the trees creating a tunnel over it is the main attraction in Jinhae:



The Nifty Fifty (aka Canon 50mm f1.8 II) @ f2.8...the lens is very respectable even wide open, but stopped down a little it becomes pretty fantastic...not bad for a lens that cost me 50 bucks!


One of my favourites:



Edited the first pic from yesterday...taken with the 16-35L @ 35mm f2.8...a lot of people hate on this lens saying it's soft wide open...I think it holds its own ;)



Jinhae panorama (first crop...I might do another crop with a slightly different aspect ratio) from the top of that building I posted yesterday...if you feel like being blown away by detail, go on my Flickr ( http://www.flickr.com/tamasv find this picture, click on it, click "All Sizes" on the dropdown menu just above the top left corner of this picture and click on "original"). You can see every window of every building, every car on the road, etc.



The Nifty Fifty @ f1.8



Palm trees and cherry blossoms...not a combination you see too often :)


Oh yeah, yesterday after school I went to the store to pick up some groceries and toilet paper. While I was looking at the toilet paper, a lady who worked there came up to me and started going on about, I assume, toilet paper. I told her okay thanks in Korean and she went away. Only to return 2 seconds later. Starts going on again, pointing to different brands, etc. I nodded and smiled. She went away. Came back again 1.3 seconds later. Started pointing to the price tags, as if me not speaking Korean also meant that I was a complete imbecile incapable of finding his way around a grocery store. I pretended not to notice her. She went away. 1.7 seconds later she came back and started talking and waving her arms at the toilet paper. This is where I lost my patience and said, in English, "Thanks, but I'm perfectly capable of buying toilet paper on my own." She went away and didn't come back. Success.

I also bought some groceries and found out that mushrooms are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. I mean...it's nothing short of insane. Which is too bad because I love mushrooms. These 6 average caps of champion mushrooms were, are you sitting down?, almost $4. They cost 27,000 won per kilo, or around $24. (For those of you stuck back in the Stone Age, that's about $11 per pound).


After shopping I went home, changed, went for my run/benchpress/situp routine, went home and edited pics and watched Big Bang Theory...oh and stole wireless from someone across the street, I think...the advantage of crowded housing!

That's all for today, I'll try to edit another batch of pics for tomorrow...have a great day and thanks for reading :)

T

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Pics. You really do know what youre doin huh. :oP I just point and shoot so of course your pics are sooo much nicer than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much :) Point and shoot is fun too! Sometimes I think I spend too much time trying to get the perfect shot and not enough time enjoying what's in front of me haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trials and tribulations of buying shit tickets! ..sounds entertaining none the less. And some beautiful pics you got!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha...that would have made an awesome title for this post ;) And thanks man, it was a beautiful day in a beautiful place...

    ReplyDelete