Wednesday 13 April 2011

I have been in Korea for a month!!! Also, more pics from Yeosu...

Well, as of today, I have been in Korea for exactly one month! It's pretty exciting, and I must say the time has just flown by. I'm still enjoying every day and making this place (both my little town and my apartment) more of a home every day. I know quite a few people now and meeting new ones every day (I finally bumped into Chris, who is also from BC and lives two houses down from me yesterday...we have seen each other off in the distance on the street, but never close enough to say hi...great guy, hopefully I'm going to play squash and/or tennis with him or go hiking). One month in, still no regrets at all!

Yesterday I had my worst/dumbest class ever. As usual, with the last class of the day I simply hold them until we finish the lesson. Usually they get the idea and we only stay about 10 minutes late, as they realize that the more they talk/the more I have to get them to behave, the later they leave. Not this bunch. No matter how much I told them that "quiet quiet quiet equals go home go home go home and talk talk talk equals stay late stay late stay late" they just kept it up. So I kept the silly buggers 35 minutes late. And then made them clean my classroom. They were not impressed.

Interestingly enough, a friend of mine works at a nearby after-school English academy (most of the foreign teachers work at places like that, those of us in the public school system are in the minority), and she has a few of my students and she tried to see if she could get them to say that I'm mean or tough and every one of them said that they like me...yay. I guess the tough but nice stance is working!

Before school we had an assembly...pretty funny...about 1,500 students, teachers and staff...and I was the only one who did not have black hair haha. By the way, that's our "soccer field"...oh the things I would do for grass!


After school, I went home and got my landlady to replace my broken showerhead and showering this morning was blissful! I also went for my nightly run/weights/situps session...and weighed in...at 13 pounds less than just before I left home! Pretty happy about it :) I figure another 10-15 pounds to go and I'm good!

Okay...that's about all the new stuff I have to report...so here are some pics from the less impressive parts of Yeosu:

Along the main road:


Few blocks away:


Old neon and a spider-web of wires down a side street:


Women dancing for men? No idea what this was, but it looked cool...along the main road:


Not too far...what do you think...black and white or colour?



Meeeeeeeeee at the breakwater...



In Jinhae (16-35L @ f2.8 <3 )


That's all for today! Hope everyone's having a great day...by the way, it's in the low-20s here and sunshine every single day...even the mornings/nights are getting to be so warm that I rarely wear a jacket/hoodie/etc.

By the way, I started putting up bigger pictures right into the blog...what do you think? Should I post them smaller and let people just go to the Flickr if they want bigger, or are the big ones OK right in the blog?

Cheers,
T

2 comments:

  1. Szia!

    Nekem tetszik a nagyobb kep, es a szines foto tetszik jobban... ha az eg szurke lenne, akkor meg hatasosabb lenne, szerintem...

    De nagyon jok a fotok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koszi szepen! :)

    Akkor jo...mostantol nagy kepek! :)

    ReplyDelete