Monday 18 April 2011

I found Masan University...and it's beautiful!

As those of you who have known me for a while know, some of my favourite hangouts in a lot of places I have lived (Victoria, Kamloops, Edmonton, Grande Prairie) have been the local universities. They're usually one of the most beautiful, relaxed and relaxing places to be.

Well, yesterday after work I started wandering around close to my house and kept walking and walking until I bumped into Masan University. It's a beautiful new campus tucked away in the mountains. I apologize for the pictures, I only had my cellphone with me, but I'll definitely go back there soon and take more pictures. I also got there pretty late (just as the sun was setting), so I didn't get to see as much as I was hoping, but I'll be back!

The main gate to the university...it doesn't look like much, but it has to be like 20-30 feet tall:


I have seen this in other places...really vibrant flowers growing out of the rock...looks awesome:


These guys smelled soooooo good in the warm evening air!


I went to the top of this building...has some pretty neat views :)


Massive amphitheatre between buildings:



On the top floor of that building (I think they're Buddhist statues...again, please forgive the horrible quality)...I think the lights in the background are Hogye/Jung-ri



Like most universities, Masan has a signature building too...this guy...behind a mini park/walkway that looks PERFECT for reading a book at on a warm summer evening:


I wandered all around and found a neat hillside behind the buildings...it was too dark to go too far, but I think there might be some good views from the top or it might be dark enough for some half-decent startrails!

Anyhoo, there is still tons to be explored and re-shot at Masan University, so I'm definitely going to be back...right now, though, I have to run and teach a class...if they show up. Today, my school is hosting a competition between teachers from near and far. Apparently they'll teach a class and be observed and graded. Their grades will be taken into consideration when selections for principals and stuff come up. They're all stressing out about it. I find it entertaining. They might borrow one of my classes for their demonstration class, so it might be an easy day for me :)

Hope everyone's having a great day/night (depending on where in the world you are :)) and thanks for reading!

T

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I didnt know you can just walk into a university and start taking pics. But its really cool. I like the amphitheater. You actually picked a great time cause it looks so peaceful. Nice post !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) Yeah, you can wander around them at will. I usually bum around universities a lot...in and out of buildings, dorms, whatever...just randomly explore. It's funny, the dorms here have the students' names and pictures on the doors...I can't imagine that going over well back home (which is a bad point for home...it means it's safe enough here that you don't have to worry about psychos/stalkers). And yeah, it's very peaceful there...I'm planning on going back there with a book or even my little PSP and just chilling out and enjoying the fresh air. I loved the amphitheatre too! It was a total surprise when I first saw it and it's massive! Would be cool to watch a play or whatever there!

    ReplyDelete