Tuesday 12 April 2011

Pics from the coastal city of Yeosu!

Last night I spent a few hours monkeying with my pics from Yeosu and I must say I'm finding Photoshop to be quite relaxing (which is a bit of a change considering for years and years I avoided doing any sort of post-processing).

So, here are a few pics from Yeosu...I'm putting up a few with two versions, colour and black and white...let me know which one you like better :)

Let's start with the pretty parts (I'll post the photos of the run-down parts tomorrow :) )...downtown Yeosu taken from the bridge that goes onto Dolsan Island.



The bridge, downtown Yeosu and a small island (that has a cool walkway all around it) from Dolsan Island:


Downtown Yeosu from Dolsan Island:



Statue on the top of a lookout point on Dolsan Island:


Yeosu from the bridge:


The bridge itself:


When life gives you a day full of strong backlight and major haze...make silhouettes! A park downtown:


This reminded me of the breakwater back in Victoria:


More from the breakwater:





Soft drink delivery...Korean style...


same in B&W


That's all for now...as for blogging...yesterday was my laziest day yet...I had 5 classes then headed home with every intention to go running, but lay down in bed and fell asleep instead. Woke up, made dinner, watched some TV while Photoshopping, then went for an hour walk to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for today's dinner (pasta and mushroom pasta sauce..mmmm). I love it that even on my lazy days I get 2 hours of walking in. :) Also some weird stuff happened at school...one coteacher announced that she is planning on not coming to any of my classes from now on (it's against the rules and just plain dumb), but I talked her out of it, and I think she got the point that every now and again with the super low-level students (ie: ZERO knowledge of English), a translator can be handy. Also, the kids sometimes show up to my class 5-10 minutes early and talk, walk around, socialize, etc...I don't say anything to them and just let them talk as much and as loud as they want until the bell goes...well, yesterday one of the kids decided to drop-kick another student. The guy went down like a sack of potatoes and hit the floor pretty hard...I took him to see the nurse and left the punishment of the other one to my coteacher (who was, of course, 10 minutes late).

Today we had an assembly outside...if you think assemblies are boring at home, try getting through one where you can't understand a single word haha. Still, I got paid to stand out in the beautiful sun and get my tan on, so I can't complain :)

That's it for today!

Have a great day, everyone!
T

2 comments:

  1. Dont get too tan, youll never get a Korean GF that way haha They like their white skin. :oP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I know, I keep hearing that...that's okay, I have gone 29 years without a Korean GF I'm sure I can survive another year or two if I have to ;)

    ReplyDelete